Tuesday, April 19, 2011

("Real Purdy Mouth," ballpoint pen and ink, copyright 2011)

I've been drawing a lot of portraits and trying to sharpen my skills at rendering the human skeleton and form.  I've been looking at a lot of old anatomical illustrations, especially of skeletons and of religious imagery. I've been drawing a lot of Virgin Mary portraits, for whatever reason. I'm thinking of getting another Virgin Mary tattoo, actually. Of an older, more Latin-inspired style, with three eyes- two on one side, one on the other. 

On the life front, I have moved back into my own place and room, and I am continuing to go to school.
On the health front, I am continuing to frequent the hospital to various doctors' appointments, and to receive both monthly chemotherapy and, more recently, plasmapheresis treatments. So far, nothing has made much of a difference, and I am still paralyzed from about an inch above my bellybutton down.  I continue not to give up hope that I will regain at least partial feeling and mobility at some point.

("Shot My Feet," colored pencil, 2011 copyright Amanda Russel)

No comments:

Post a Comment