Friday, December 24, 2010

Finally! My camera is with me.

My awesome housemates brought me the cord to my camera, so I can take better pictures of what I've been working on. I re-photographed everything I've posted so far, and swapped out the photos. 
As for new stuff...
("Dorothy" copyright 2010 Amanda Russel)

I've been drawing a lot of small portraits, and this one is of a woman who asked me to draw her
who is also on the rehabilitation floor. I finished it after she had gone to rest, and I couldn't find her to give it to her and a nurse told me she had been moved off the ward earlier that day.

      I have been doing more expressive, plain drawings in black, white, and red. They are self-portraits, introspective, and  commenting on how I feel lately, about my own body in particular. These are not finished pieces; rather, part of my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment